Objectives of ASAD include:
• Advocating the educational and civil rights of deaf and hard of hearing citizens in the State of Hawai`i.
• Developing a positive image of deaf and hard of hearing people.
• Improving the quality and standard of living for all deaf and hard of hearing people.
• Promoting better public services for deaf and hard of hearing people, which include:
• Deaf information and referral services
• Legislative issues
• Public relations
• Representation of the deaf community in the State of Hawai`i
• Tourism information for deaf visitors
• Workshop on special topics
• Town hall meetings